HOW TO REPORT AN ACCIDENT
WHO IS INSURED?
Members who have completed the membership application form, are a paid Premium Member in good standing, and have a signed waiver on file, for the current year.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS (limitations apply):
Participant accident: $10,000 medical benefit with $500 deductible.
General liability: $1,000,000, unlimited legal defense costs
- Recreational club rides– organized, conducted, and supervised by club members, and published to the club calendar so that members have equal access.
- Individual time trials are covered, but Team Time Trials are NOT covered.
- Racing. Racing is an activity in which individuals are engaged in direct, speed competition with other riders. Not covered
- Mountain / Offroad biking. Not covered
- Team Time Trials. Not covered. (However, Individual Time Trials are covered.)
- Special events. Bike rides organized by The BOBie Cycling Club that charge an entrance fee are NOT covered unless The BOBie Cycling Club purchases insurance for that particular event.
- Unscheduled / Unpublished / Unannounced / Impromptu rides (i.e., insufficient notice was given to notify all members of the ride). Not covered
- Solo training. Not covered.
- Non-club rides(events organized by other clubs/organizations, private rides, rides not posted to the club calendar). Not covered.
HOW TO FILE AN INCIDENT REPORT
Step 1. Inform Janet or Keith about your accident as soon as possible (preferably within 3 days).
Step 2. Fill out the Incident Report form within 3 days, once you hit “submit” the form will be transmitted to the BOBie’s insurance administrator.
Don’t skip this step, as there’s no other way to gather the required information.
This is not a claim form for submitting your expenses. This is just a notification to the insurance company that you were in an accident, so they can start a “case file”.
The BOBie’s insurance administrator will review your form for completeness, and then submit it to the insurance company.
Step 3. The insurance adjuster will contact BOBie Cycling Club to verify (a) your membership, (b) that your accident was during a club ride, and (c) that the event was not an excluded activity.
Step 4. The insurance adjuster will then contact the injured member directly and provide the next steps.